Attaching additional 'keyboards' to vdr...remote plugin?

On Tuesday 19 Apr 2005 23:13, Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Laz a ?crit :
> > I have bought a USB numeric keypad (meant for laptops) that I found cheap
> > in a sale and I have rewired the buttons on the front panel of the video
> > into a matrix and connected them in place of the numeric keypad (it is
> > basically just a small usb module with a keypad membrane plugged into
> > it). All seems to work: I get a new usb input device when I attach it and
> > if I cat the relevant input device, I can see the keypresses. So far so
> > good.
>
> Great. I didn't think about those USB keyboards. I used a PS/2 keyboard
> controler connected to the internal PS/2 connector (leaving the real
> PS/2 port unusable).

I was originally thinking of pulling apart a joystick or a mouse but found
this going cheap!

> > I can see at least two options:
> >
> > 1. Delete my remote.conf and program the 'keyboard' remote using the
> > front panel (I won't be able to use the proper keyboard to control vdr
> > but I'm sure I can cope with that!).
>
> I would go for that one. Maybe you also have the possibility to modify
> the mapping from scan codes (returned by the USB device) to key codes,
> thus decoupling the PS/2 keyboard keycodes and the USB keypad codes...
> This is possible with the PS/2 keyboard driver.

Hmmm...at the moment, some of the keys are mapped to things like Num Lock,
i.e. they get turned into events that aren't normal keypresses. I suppose I
could just ignore or disconnect Num Lock! I'll check out the source for the
various drivers: I'm not using a usb keyboard so not getting real keycodes
doesn't really matter, as long as I can direct the signals from the buttons
to vdr somehow!

;-)

Cheers,

Laz