Improving DXR3 OSD

Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> I've been thinking about the following idea for few weeks now. I'm not
> sure if it's possible to implement, but it's interesting thought though.
>
> The idea is: is there an OSD frame buffer somewhere inside the DXR3, and
> would it be possible to write OSD data directly into it (without
> constructing dvd-compatible "osd-stream", which is the cause of all
> problems as far as I can see).
>
> I really don't know if this is technically possible at all, but I saw at
> some page (which I cannot find anymore) a program, which wrote pictures
> (=video) directly into DXR3 frame buffer (i.e. decoded video outside of
> DXR3 and wrote rgb or yu12 (or whatever format was required) directly
> into the frame buffer inside DXR3).

I don't actively follow the dxr3 driver development, but from what I
read on the mailing list archives, what you're saying is the holy grail
and nobody knows how to do it. If you can find the program *with* source
  it would be a very good thing.

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -