dxr3 glitches - buffer problem?

Prakash Punnoor schrieb:
> Luca Olivetti schrieb:
>
>>The buffers lenghts are defined in dxr3demuxdevice.h
>>(AUDIO_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE and VIDEO_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE). I doubt that changing
>>only this defines will change much if anything at all, but you can try.
>

> Believe it or not, but it did help! I set both buffer 8x times higher and now
> I nearly never have problems on ch switching. But is seems my system is now
> way less responsive. Ie it reacts much worse on remote or keyboard. Is this
> expected?

More findings: I also tried dvx-cvs from yesterday. While OSD is much better,
I now have other troubles:

The stuttering is even worse on ch switch and happens more often in between
(even with bigger buffers). And audio sync is very bad.

But, if I use NPTL, both are not a real issue anymore. And vdr is much more
responsive. I just don't know how stable vdr is with NPTL. At least I can now
start vdr with nptl whcih wasn't possible with dxr 0.2.2.

The progress is really nice!

--
Prakash Punnoor