scanning frequencies for analogtv

Hi

I 'm using a complex architecture using a web based application, but
the same can be easily realized using "scantv" utility coming with xawtv,
You can scan with scantv, who return frequencies and Name stations from
vbi,  and then analyze his stdout with a script to compose a valid
channels.conf

Regards Angelo

First, thanks for your tips.
Is it possible to compile xawtv and further to use scantv without installed X?
If it is possible, i would beg for help, because i think, no, i know ;-), i'm not able to do the scripting for composing a valid channels.conf.
tia
Helmut