Xine - with network support?

I tried this patch but it makes no difference.  It takes a long time for xine
on my notebook to buffer or sync it seems.  Then it will drop frames on
occasion.  Sometimes its worse then others.  My notebook is the only wireless
device on the network.  The desktop with vdr is directly connected to the
wireless router.

Vdr shows me this:
vdr-xine: incoming requests on 15
vdr-xine: successful request on 15 (client: 21)
vdr-xine: polling for connection on 16...
vdr-xine: incoming requests on 16
vdr-xine: successful request on 16 (client: 22)
vdr-xine: polling for connection on 17...
vdr-xine: incoming requests on 17
vdr-xine: successful request on 17 (client: 26)
vdr-xine: polling for connection on 18...
vdr-xine: incoming requests on 18
vdr-xine: successful request on 18 (client: 27)
Pvdr-xine: Client connected!
[vVMaA+19+20+23+26]
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The P's come up when everything is messed up.  Sometimes if I change channels
then return it fixes itself a bit quicker.  Using the same setup but with
xine locally on the same machine as vdr, everything works great.

Norm