How to get a notification of a completed transponder scan?

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> Luca Olivetti wrote:
> > Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:
> >
> >> Luca Olivetti wrote:
> >>
> > [...]
> >>>

> >> I attached a patch for pat.[hc]. I hope it works. Every
> time sdt.c adds
> >> a new channel it triggers the patfilter
> (patFilter->Trigger();), so that
> >> numPmtEntries will be set to 0. So when numPmtEntries ==
> 'number of all
> >> available entries' the scan should be complete.
> >

> > I'm testing it on hotbird. While on many transponders it
> seems to work
> > fine, on others after 20 seconds I don't get an end of scan
> from pat.c,
>
> I've raised the timeout to 60 seconds. Attached is a list of all the
> transponders where numPmtEntries never reached num (on hotbird). The
> "---- num xx pmtIndex xx numPmtEntries" lines come from a
> printf right
> after the Channels.Unlock() in pat.c.
> What other options do I have now?

When you try to scan these transponders with the scan utility of the dvb
driver, you can see filter timeouts. For example 12034V:
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0458
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0453
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x044f
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0459
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x045a
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x045b
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0452

Of course you can count this timeouts in pat.c so that numPmtEntries
reaches num, but every timeout lasts 10 seconds (PMT_SCAN_TIMEOUT  10).
So scanning 12034V lasts  more than 70 seconds!
I think to speed up the channel scan it would be better if the plugin
set the filters by itself.
I tried to extend the channelscan plugin to do this. Scanning
transponders is really fast, but there is still a problem that on some
transponders many newly found channels get no pids. But I think it is a
promising attempt and I hope I can figure out where the remaining
problems are.

Thomas