How to get a notification of a completed transponder scan?

Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:

[...]
>>That's what I thought too. Now, I looked into pat.c but I
>>don't see an
>>easy way to know when all data has been received.
>>

> I attached a patch for pat.[hc]. I hope it works. Every time sdt.c adds
> a new channel it triggers the patfilter (patFilter->Trigger();), so that
> numPmtEntries will be set to 0. So when numPmtEntries == 'number of all
> available entries' the scan should be complete.

I'm testing it on hotbird. While on many transponders it seems to work
fine, on others after 20 seconds I don't get an end of scan from pat.c,
while I get and end of scan almost immediately from sdt.c. This occurs
mainly on sky transponders (according to lyngsat.com, e.g. 12418V,
12341V, 12616H, etc., while I was writing this 12713V and 12731H, also
from sky, did work fine) but also on some others. Maybe there's
something else to check, or maybe the pmt data is really taking more
than 20 seconds.
Btw, this isn't going to be much faster than a timed wait: some
transponders are taking a few seconds, but other are taking more than 10
seconds. I hope it is more accurate though.

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -