CAM module doesn't work on Nexus and CI module

ocmer wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to get my CAM working on vdr 1.3.22  and vdr 1.2.6, with only
> the vdr-remote-0.3.3 plugin  (http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr)
> enabled.
> I've got a Hauppauge CI module
> (http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data_ci-modul.html) connected to
> the second Hauppauge Nexus card
> (http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data_nexus-s.html)
> Accoording to the Wiki
> (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_CAM_modules) this
> configuration should support all cam's.  I've tried 3 different CAM's,
> without success. The CAM's get hot, so they've got power,  but further
> no results. When I use the Setup menu in vdr (both versions), I can
> reset the CAM's, the log shows that that is done, but when I triy to
> access the CAM menu, vdr report "Can't acces CAM menu".
>
> The question is : What should I see in the log and on screen when I got
> a working CAM ?

There's nothing that would actually indicate in the log that the
CAM works (apart from the initial version message, which I assume you
are getting). What you should see if the CAM works and you have a valid
smart card with your subscription inserted to it, is a picture on
the tv.

Klaus