Re: ANNOUNCE: graphlcd-0.1.2-pre5 (all this time I did parallel work on freetype2 support)

Andreas Regel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is a new pre-release of the GraphLCD base package and plugin for
> VDR. Because of the additional font attributes expect slighly misaligned
> display items when not using fonts converted from true type.

Hi,

this is all very cool, such a pity I missed (by 2 or three days) sending
you my patches against 0.1.2-pre4 which are adding optional FreeType2
support directly in the cFont class of glcdgraphics, and unlike the
current genfont also whith the freedom of choosing the desired character
encoding (that was one of the main reasons I started doing this, I want
to also display iso8859-2 encoded characters on the display, and I think
other users with EPG or localization in non-western-encoding languages
might like that, too), and no conversion is necessary, one can see right
away how the font sizes are fitting the plugin's display.

One other reason was that I wrote a "meta-driver" for LCD-proc 0.5 using
your graphlcd-base library, just like yo're using serdisplib to add a
few more supported displays by just one more driver, and I also sent you
2 or 3 private emails around 17-18 january and I got no response at all.
At that time I had not yet started the freetype2 digging.
Anyway, it doesn't matter now. If you're interested I will rework my
modifications to fit the new version and send you the patches.
I still had some trouble with the layounting of FT2 fonts on the VDR
plugin's display (mine is 128x64), but as it is still "pre5" you might
want us to discuss those things after I'll send the patches?

What do you think? What do other users think, would there be interest
for my work, too?

Kind regards,
Lucian Muresan