Timers with full date

dvb@xxxxxxxxxx(Chris Warren)  20.03.05 14:03

But it can't do
"the second Monday of the Month" sithout extra software AFAIK.
And that's not very uncommon kind of sheduling.

>Ok, maybe the crontab format isn't that suitable! :)

The biggest problem seems to be to convince Klaus that this
is a real nice/needed feature which can't be solved by vdradmin ;-)
(At least as long vdradmin assumes the box is running 7x24, what
might be effordable in USA or canada, but too expensive in Germany,
it's not only the 19 Euro Cent we have to pay per kWh (opposit
to 3..6US cent)..

But maybe a general solution would be a better way to go?

I too would like to have to be "reminded" watching a
program (or get a hint to go to a meting etc.), or ideally/finally,
generate my own TV shedule made out of VDR recordings.
(There should be no noticeable difference between
"real" transmission and a vdr recording. A recordign is
only a special kind of "channel".)

But that's something for VDR 3.0 i assume ;-)

Rainer