Timers with full date

Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx(Klaus Schmidinger)  18.03.05 22:57

>Just an announcement so that developers who read timers
>from SVDRP's LSTT command (or directly from timers.conf)
>can prepare their tools for the next version of VDR: the
>'day' of a timer will be stored as a full date in ISO
>notation (YYYY-MM-DD) in the next version of VDR. For
>one, this will allow defining timers that are more than a
>month in the future, but also (and more important) will
>solve the problem of single shot timers not being deleted
>from timers.conf after they have ended.

Ah! I always thought it was my fault that the event
survived and that's a feature i do not understand ;-)
Thanks a lot to solve that.

Anyway:
"me too" see a big demand on "week" timers like
"record every second week"
"record only in the third week of a month"
"record only in the last/first week of a month"
"record every week"(already implemented ;-))

Storing the complete date this could be implemented now.

It can be programmed similar to the "day of week",
as there are only 5 elements

1. -> first week of a month
2. -> second week of a month
3. -> third week of a month
4. -> forth week of a month
5. -> last week of a month
1  -> every week
2  -> every second week.
3  -> every third week.
4  -> every fourth week.
5  -> odd weeks? ;-)

If someone wants more, he's free to add another timer.
"." may be "0" key on the RC.

But, Ok, that's complicate to programm but would ease using.
(No, crontab can't do that on it's own ;-) )

Rainer