Timers with full date

Udo Richter wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> this will allow defining timers that are more than a
>> month in the future
>

> Nice. Esp. since I already have a (deactivated) timer for Apr. 30 in my
> timers. ;)
>
> While you're breaking compatibility anyway, please consider allowing
> bi-weekly timers that only fire every second (fourth?) week. This is a
> far more common case.
>
> Format suggestion:
> MTWTFSS*n  (fire on next matching day, then skip n times/weeks)
> MTWTFSS*n@YYYY-MM-DD (fire on YYYY-MM-DD, then skip n times/weeks)

I'm afraid this would make things overly complicated.
I also have one timer that records a monthly show, but the distance
between shows is not necessarily always exactly four weeks - sometimes
it may well be five weeks, for instance. Therefore I have a weekly
timer, and usually at the end of a show they announce when the next
one will be broadcast - then I set the "first day" of that timer
to the given date.

For anything more complicated there are tools like vdradmin, for instance.

Klaus