rotor

Jacek Pop?awski wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:44:38PM +0100, Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:
> > > Is it possible to see where rotor is currently positioned in
> > > vdr-rotor?
> >
> > No, there is no feedback from the rotor, so the plugin can't know.
>
> But plugin may calculate it itself, I can't as a human when I
> move few steps
> east or west... after few moves I don't know where rotor is directed.

This could only work when you only drive stepwise east/west. As soon as
you send another command like "Drive East" or "Goto Position" the plugin
can't know where the rotor is positioned.

> > Your rotor must be directed to True South.
>
> It is not, and I have no problems with using it in Windows.

When it works in Windows it should also work with VDR :-)

> > To adjust all stored position you must find one satellite
> and then send
> > the recalculate command.
>
> Yes, I am trying to do it (as in Windows), but I am unable to
> find anything
> with vdr-rotor, because signal information is always positive, I don't
> understand how it works. I can move rotor step by step and I
> don't see signal
> lows and highs.

The plugin shows the signal strength of the currently tuned channel. To
find a satellite you have to enter frequency, polarisation and
symbolrate of a transponder (e.g look at lyngsat.com) on the satellite
you searching for (and press OK).
You wrote that you used the rotor already with windows. So why don't you
just Goto the (in your rotor) stored position? You just have to type in
the position number (in the row where you can select the satellite) and
press the green button (Goto Pos).

Thomas