EPIA SP + budget hardware mpeg2/4 acceleration?

Leo M?rquez a ?crit :
> En/na Nicolas Huillard ha escrit:
>
>> I personnaly have an EPIA M10000 in a CD-audio case, with no processor
>> fan, but a 8cm low-speed extractor fan above a big heatsink on the
>> processor.
>
> Good job! I have seen the photos. Can you tell us the models of the
> extractor and heatskin?

The extractor is a noname old fan, which appears to be more silent than
a costly new one I don't remember the brand of (the new one is silent
when old by hand, but makes a lot of vibrations when screwed on the
case, and even silent-blocks like the ones on the HDD/DVD didn't lower
the noise).

> In photos the extractor does not appears. I supose it's under the heatskin.

It is screwed on the cover of the case, so it does not appear when the
case is open. The air flows by a hole on the top of the case, which is
actually a bad idea, since noise also goes up, right to the hear. It was
too difficult to open the case on the side, and there was no room on the
back...

The heat sink bending is not artistic : it was too high to fit inside
the case with the fan over it and I didn't when to lose
matter/heat-sinking capabilities. I also thought that allowing more air
to flow between the pins would allow more cooling.

--
NH