[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.2 plugin

Yep, it still has problems with NPTL. My default glibc (and everything else
compiled on my system is compiled for NPTL, but I've a second version with
LinuxThreads installed with a different prefix (configure
--prefix=/usr/i686-glibc-linuxthreads when installing glibc.) Be careful not
to overwrite your normal glibc with a different threading version or
everything will break (including your shell!)

You also need a version of gcc copied into an alternate path (eg: cp -R
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu /usr/lib/gcc/i686-glibc-linuxthreads on my
system) and the specs file in this directory altered to point to your NPTL
version of ld-linux.so.2

I then compile and run VDR under a separate user which has its environment
set to pass the following flags to gcc/g++:

-specs=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-glibc-linuxthreads/3.4.3/specs -nostdinc
-I/usr/i686-glibc-linuxthreads/include
-I/usr/lib/gcc/i686-glibc-linuxthreads/3.4.3/include -I/usr/include

And also:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/i686-glibc-linuxthreads/lib

That way anything compiled, linked and ran under that account uses
LinuxThreads, everything else on my system uses NPTL.

Basically I followed http://commmunity.linux.com/howtos/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.shtml
but made the change to the specs file and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of
altering any of the original libraries - i.e. skip step 4.2 and do the last
bit of 4.3 a different way.

Chris