hardware recommendations?

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 03:05:48PM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:
> > - what video card to get?
>
> Matrox cards are know to produce the best signal quality.
> So, get an Nvidia card with DVI output and a flat panel for
> your desktop (then signal quality will not matter)

i've got a philips 201P 21" CRT - excellent monitor, i have no intention of
replacing it with an LCD (quality tends to be crap unless you spend a fortune,
with fuzzy unreadable text, and they give me headaches.  i'd rather have a 15"
CRT than a 19" LCD).

maybe in a few years LCD monitors will be good enough to consider as a
replacement.....i certainly like the minimal physical space that they take up.

> and use the Matrox for your VDR system.

ok, that's what i'll do then.  new card for the desktop, and the
matrox goes into the vdr box.

for CPU, sounds like any modern CPU will do.  i'll consider
getting a low-power mobile variant.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@xxxxxxxxxx>           (part time cyborg)