OT: Best DVI Video Card for Xine

Hi,

>> Please do!!!  What all people are getting with 6629, is an
>> offset between the 2 interlaced frames by 10 pixels or so. Like a
>> vertical shadow.
>
> I see that on 6629 I have the same problem. I am not sure on which driver
> version I tested, but I was under impression that it worked with a bad
> overscan.

Sad! And nvidias bug report feedback == null.. Thanks for testing though!

>> I am running VGA 1920x1080p to my projector instead, but I'm
>> pretty sure the Faroudja FLI2300 deinterlaces better than the HTPC.

> I think Faroudja chips are not so good. At least my Philips LCD TV has
> such chip, and everytime text is scrolling Faroudja's autosensing goes

This autosensing is not done by the FLI2300, but by Philips circuitry.

Normally, the FLI2300 are thought of as the best deinterlacer for stuff
like sports etc (video mateial) (vs SI).

> doesn't allow this. I see that this is problem of my TV, but if Faroudja
> was good it would not do this.

So, what scaler/deinterlacer do you have on your proj? Silicon Image? They
both have their advantage, of course, but the HTPC is inferior on HD
material imho, espeically when the bitrate goes high. (over 20 mbit is not
nice on my HTCP, that?s for sure).

> HTPC also can read MPEG streams flags to aid deinterlacing/inverse
> telecine, and Faroudja's don't have that stuff because they are behind
> video line on TVs/projectors.

This is true, but as long as we do not have CPU?s powerful enougth,
hardware solutions will be better. Also, a big problem is that HTPC?s
cannot change their refreshrate to the framrate. Which means bad picture
quality, unless "burning" video bandwith by going over 85Hz refresh (or
prefferebly higher), but who wants that?

 - Micael