vdr-xine and overscan area

Hi,

Anssi Hannula wrote:

> I'm using xine plugin here with a desktop (over network, actually).
>
> But there is one rather irritating problem:
> There are (at least on Finnish channels) usually different kinds of
> color borders, distortions etc. in the edges (the area that gets
> overscanned in televisions).
>
> Is there a way to cut the overscan area from the video? If not, I (and
> many xine users in Finland, I believe) would greatly appreciate such a
> feature in the postprocess plugin.

I was already thinking about such a feature:
* One post process plugin to crop away any kind of black borders and
* another one to add them again in the case your output device needs
some overscan area.

But I fear that I won't find some time on this issue in February :-(

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx