[ANNOUNCE] bitstreamout plugin 0.70 (sound loop through sound card)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:41:40PM +0200, Esa Viitala wrote:
> Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >   just uploaded bitstreamout-0.70 which should works with
> >VDR 1.3.21+.  The URL for download is given in my signature.
> >
> >           Werner
> >

> Thanks! Compiled and installed without problems there, but I'm
> experiencing a bit of problems with this plugin, the synchronization
> seems to be off by around 1 second (audio comes too late, so adding
> delay doesn't help). Also, should this work with mp3 plugin (0.9.11)?
> When bitstreamout is in use and mp3 playback is started the log gets
> thousands of bounce buffer overflow messages and no sound.

This sounds like the bitstreamout plugin receives a lot of data.
Maybe the audio data from current use _and_ the pcm data from
the mp3 playback.

> --clip--
> Feb 21 10:24:41 BOUNCE BUFFER: Bufferoverlow_
>                 - Last output repeated 4216 times -
> --clip--
>
> The system where I tried this has Hauppauge DVB-C 2.1 FF and TT budget
> C, running vdr 1.3.21, old dvb drivers (linux-dvb.2003-11-08) and
> 2.4.26-gentoo-r9 kernel. Perhaps I should try latest dvb drivers next.

This has nothing todo with the dvb driver. The problem is, that
decoding Mpeg Audio takes a while and this time is lost for
synchronization.  And the HW buffer of the soundcard should
be filled a bit to be able to play soound upto the next data
is received and decoded.  This is the reason why I use for
Mpeg Audio the J2 Jumper of the DVB card to redirect the output
to the internal S/P-DIF input of the sound card to be able to
loop the data through the sound card.

       Werner