>>> Why do you care about the order it is provided in EPG data ?
>>> I think this wrong because if I enter the pid by hand, why I couldn't
>>> enter  first 331=eng and then 330=fra or even just 331=eng if I don't
>>> care about the French audio stream?
>>>
>>> I don't know what are the information available in EPG data, but in
>>> your example it seem there is the language, so why couldn't you use it ?
>>

>> The PID data and the description are broadcast in two separate SI tables.
>> So far the only way to corellate them seems to be the sequence in which
>> they are given. If you manually manipulate the PID entries in
>> channels.conf
>> this is no longer possible. There is also no guarantee that the audio
>> track
>> description contains any reference to a language, nor that the
>> language code
>> that comes with an audio track description is at all correct.
>>
> Ok,
>
> so adding the PID language in EPG audio description could be nice.

Not really.
For instance the German pay tv channels announce their PIDs with

   1792=deu
   1793=deu

and their track descriptions are

   deutsch
   englisch

So on PID 1792 we get the German audio track, and on 1793 the English one (despite
the "deu" in the PID).
I don't think it would make things any clearer if the audio track descriptions
in the Audio menu would read

   deutsch (deu)
   englisch (deu)

would it? ;-)

This whole thing can only be reasonably solved if the providers finally
start setting their data correctly.

Klaus