RFE: hardlink: support specifying max_size too?

I have huge directory hierarchies that I would like to run hardlink
against but comparing a lot of files against each other results in high
RAM usage because so much of the file metadata is kept in memory.

Could you add max_size (--maximum-size) option in addition to min_size
(--minimum-size)? This would allow splitting the work into small
fragments where hardlink only needs to process files in given range and
immediately ignore all other files. Or it could be used to run full
linking in multiple parallel tasks with sensible RAM requirements if you
can run hardlink without size limitations (e.g. one task for 1–1MB
files, another for 1MB–10MB and third task for files bigger than 10MB).

It might also make sense to reorder the test for filesize and regex
processing in inserter() because testing for size is probably faster
because the stat() has already been made. Currently the stats.files is
also increased for files that get ignored by size filter which may not
be intentional.

I think I could provide patches if I just know which Git repo I should
use as the basis. Is https://github.com/util-linux/util-linux the
correct one?

--
Mikko