mountbomber -- generate mount load

 Hi,

I have created an experimental testing tool to generate a large number of
mount/umount operations on a large number of mount points. The important feature
is that it does not use standard mount(8) command and it does not parse
anything in /proc.

The goal is to have a standard tool to easily reproduce mount load without
writing a custom shell scripts.

The number of features is pretty basic and it supports only tmpfs now. Maybe
later it will support other filesystems, regular block devices (or loopdevs)
and more operations (like remount, execute scripts, etc.). We will see ...

The tool creates and cleanup all stuff, you do not have create mountpoints, etc.

It's maintained in separate branch in util-linux repository:

  git clone https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux.git --branch topic/mountbomber --single-branch
  cd util-linux
  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure
  make mountbomber

Examples:

  # mountbomber --parallel 1 --verbose \
                --oper "mount:all,@A,umount:rand,mount:last,->A(loops=2),umount:all"

  - one process, 100 mountpoints (default), random umount and mount two times

  # mountbomber --verbose --pool 10 \
                --oper "mount:all,@A,umount:next,mount:last,delay(500000),->A(loops=200),umount:all"

  - 200 times umount and mount in order

  # mountbomber --pool 10000 \
                --oper "mount:all,@A,umount:rand,mount:last,delay(1000),->A(seconds=60),umount:all"

   - 10 processes (default) repeating random umount/mount for 1 minute on 10000 mountpoints
   - your udisks will be pretty busy :-)

For more details:

  $ mountbomber --help

there is no man page yet.