Re: Errors in util-linux man pages, here: adjtime_config.5: Wording

Hello John,

On Thu, 14 May 2020 at 22:15, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I think you should send your changes as patches, preferably with a git pull
> >> request as the current form of submitting these changes requires a lot of
> >> manual editing due to the large number of changes involved.
> >
> > Well, yes, but see
> > https://lore.kernel.org/util-linux/CAKgNAkgqKs=Q4qvPHirHa6KjW3qOqyyNG7sCxHX2RfWiOBqRbg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> Doesn't convince, me really. I don't think it's too much to ask for to
> read the documentation of git and then create a set of patches.

Yes, but probably the work for Helge to do that is a factor of
*several* times the work of someone with commit access doing the
manual edits.

> I wouldn't accept such mass mails for my own projects, it's just way too
> much work to import all these changes manually.

I agree. It's a pain.

> And I also haven't seen
> any other project do that in the past 20 years, so I'm not sure how successful
> this strategy is.

I'm not sure how successful it will be either. But, one project just
did what you haven't seen in the past 20 years, just last month :-).

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk