last reboot

Hello, 'last' is a handy tool, and using it for
'last reboot' provides a nice log.

I was wondering if there are currently any platforms where more
information about the reboot type is supported? For instance on the
Zynq UltraScale+ devices there are a variety of reboot reasons:
https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/registers/ug1087/crl_apb___reset_reason.html#

So on each startup the reason could be read and logged before
resting the register[1].

I guess one tricky issue would be the kernel interface,
for a test I was just using memtool like this:
# memtool md 0xFF5E0220+1
ff5e0220: 00000001

Where 00000001 indicates an 'External POR', but this probably
isn't how we'd want to do it.

I'm not subscribed to the mailing-list so please cc me any response.

thanks,
Paul

[1] If the register is not reset then multiple bits can accumulate
so you wouldn't now which is correct for the current boot