Re: script(1) plans

Hi Karel.

Karel Zak - 18.03.19, 13:53:
> I'd like to improve script(1) to be more flexible and support more
> streams. The current version allow to log only output, but I'd like to
> add possibility to log input, signals and more details about the
> session.
>
> The idea is to introduce a new timing file format; and use it in case
> a new features are requested by user on script(1) command line. The
> new format will be still based on text and easy to convert to the old
> version.
[…]
> The target release will be probably v2.35 and I'm going to start work
> on it ASAP (probably this or next week).
>
> Comments & objections?

Epic. I am no expert regarding what would be good for "script" command,
but I love the ideas you share here. They extend the possibilities of
what can be done with the command quite a bit.

Seems finally time to include the script command somewhere in my Linux
training slides. Like "watch", which I often show to participants I
still have no slide for it. About time, I'd say.

THanks,
--
Martin