Re: Improvement suggestion for mkfs.8 manpage

Hi,

thank you for the quick answer.

>> i stumbled upon a minor spelling error in the mkfs.8 manpage.
>> It´s an capitalization error for the verbose option.
>
> The existing man page is correct, as near as I can determine; the -V
> is the verbose option to the mkfs wrapper program.  For many file
> system mkfs.FSTYP back ends -v is an option that will ask the
> mkfs.FSTYP command to be verbose, but that's a different thing.

I think I described the error the wrong way.
In the mkfs manpage there are two -V options:
One for 'verbose' and one for 'version'.

The two -V options are both written with a capital letter.
It is ambiguous and I think this should not be intentional.

Please correct me if I'm missing anything here.

With best regards

Johannes Unglert

--
Johannes Unglert
Auszubildender Fachinformatik - AE

B1 Systems GmbH
GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt, HRB 3537