Re: PATCH: script: Introduced a streaming output command

Hi Karel,

>>  #define DEFAULT_TYPESCRIPT_FILENAME "typescript"
>> +#define DEFAULT_TYPESCRIPT_COMMAND  "scriptstream"
>
> Do we really need the default command? ;-)

Trying without, but then users end up typing things like

script -s -- nc -q0 seashells.io 1337 | sed 's/$/\\r/'

There's a lot that can go wrong, and I would complain about that kind of
interactive experimentation and required shell trickery.  That's why I
proposed to capture these problems in a default command and issue

script -s

Alternatively, we can expect users to wrap such complexity around script
and invent their own little tools.  What --stream adds over piping is
then limited, still better but to me it feels incomplete.  I haven't
tested if it works at all, isatty() inside scripts and such.

Your choice?

-Rick