terminal-colors.d(5) clarifications needed

Hi everyone,

we (the NetworkManager crowd) are currently pondering addition of
terminal-colors.d(5) support to nmcli, our command line utility.

We intend to be consistent with the specification and ideally implement
it the same way as the existing implementations. There's several
details I feel should be cleared up before my work [1] could be
merged.

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?
h=lr/nmcli-colors&id=db7479c

Here's my notes:

1.) It is unclear whether multiple .schem files should override each
    other or be merged. We use the overriding behavior -- take the
    highest priority one and ignore the rest.

2.) Is "name.schem" or "@term.schem" "more specific"? We assume it's
    "name.schem".

3.) What is the "Color names" paragraph for? How was the set chosen?
    (Why is "white" not present?) Can it be used in place of
    an ansi-sequence and translated somehow? We just ignore it.

4.) Of what use would "Escape sequences" in ansi-sequence be? We don't
    accept that.

5.) We don't implement TERMINAL_COLORS_DEBUG because it's unclear what
    should it do.

Perhaps you could help me getting things done right, comment on the
points above, and maybe figure out how can the manual be improved for
future implementers?

Thanks,
Lubo