what is license policy

Hi Karel,

Apologies if this is a repost, I do not see my original message in the archive.

I am trying to understand some things about the license policy for util-linux.

Can you please either confirm or correct what I think I have figured out from
reading files in the repo and reading the mail list archive:

  - GPL v3 is discouraged
  - but GPL v3 files will be accepted
  - replacing a GPL v3 file with a GPLv2+, GPLv2, LGPLv2+, BSD with advertising,
    or Public Domain license is a valid reason to replace an existing file

Thanks!

-Frank