Re: stable/v2.30.1

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:03:51PM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
> On Monday 17 July 2017, Karel Zak wrote:
> >  The branch stable/v2.30.1 contains what I want to release as v2.30.1
> >  on Wednesday. Do you want to fix anything else?
>
> During the last "usage" and "gcc-7" cleanups we've found a lot of small
> bugs (exit codes, error handling, portability etc.). Probably we should
> better not cherry-pick all these fixes to v2.30.1 because the changes
> were too invasive and may also change currently known (but broken)
> behavior.
>
> So I have almost nothing in my mind to add to the current stable/v2.30.
> BTW I appreciated that you have pushed to the stable branch very early
> this time. Good to follow while the actual commits are still fresh in
> our memory.

Yes, some stupid bugs in libfdisk forces me to work on stable branch
early ;-)

> Anyways, IMO the current master is in a very good, reviewed, bug-fixed,
> tested and cleanup'ed state. So maybe we could also tag a very nice

What about the coreutils-like-usage changes? I mean "--output
COLUMNS". It would be probably good do all the changes in the same
release.

> 2.31 (this time a bit earlier than usually) instead of waiting for more
> other major changes and wasting too much time with v2.30.1 and v2.30.2.

Well, as downstream maintainer I really look forward to see .1 ASAP ;-)

> Thus I think v2.30.1 could be released as is without much more
> debating/waiting. Then lets release v2.31 soon and skip v2.30.2 this
> time.

We will see.

    Karel

--