Re: fstab format

Karel Zak wrote:
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 06:18:36PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Does the fstab file support line continuation with a backslash-newline?

No.

There is no indication in the fstab man page one way or another.  In the
case of some entries that use long device IDs like PARTUUID or several
options, it would be nice to be able to control the format for easier
reading.

Yes, but fstab is de-facto standard file parsed on many many places.
We cannot change/extend the file format.

I understand. Thanks. There are certain other projects that wouldn't care about de-facto standards, but I appreciate your position.

  -- Bruce