Re: cancelling the tests says that they all passed

On Thursday 17 March 2016, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> When one hits ^C when the compilation phase of 'make check'
> finishes and the first tests start executing, the script prints

I don't manage to reproduce that. How do you run make exactly (-j)?
If I hit ctrl-C during compilation then the test script does not start
at all. Maybe there is a dependency problem and your tests start before
compilation is finished?

>   All 177 tests PASSED

This is because the test script actually means this

  "None of 177 available tests failed"

It does not count the executed tests but failures only.

> before aborting.  That... doesn't seem quite right.

I've had already planned to improve/refactor the failure/success
counting and also the handling of broken/aborted scripts. Probably this
would also improve such cosmetical issues.

But this is something for the next release. Would be too risky to change
something just a few days before releasing 2.28.

> When I leave the tests to run to completion, it says:
>
>   4 tests of 177 FAILED
>
> The failed ones are these:
>
>          ipcs: mk-rm-shm                                     ...
> FAILED (ipcs/mk-rm-shm) misc: fallocate
>       ... FAILED (misc/fallocate) misc: swaplabel
>                 ... FAILED (misc/swaplabel) misc: ul
>                           ... FAILED (misc/ul)

Could you show us the test diffs?
$ find tests/diff/ -type f | xargs -r cat

Maybe also warnings durning the test run (if any).

cu,
Rudi