Re: rc1 planning

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 03:50:21PM +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 February 2016, Karel Zak wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  I'd like to release v2.28-rc1 ASAP, but the rest of this week and
> > all next week I have vacation (and all next week I'm going to be
> > off-line somewhere in Atlantic). So, my plan is 7th or 8th March.
> >
> >  remaining issues:
> >
> >   * btrfs loop devs in libmount
> >
> >   * libblkid vs. CDROMs (check if last two 2K sectors are readable,
> > if not reduce probing area)    [me]
> >
> >   * add time formatting functions for ISO and ctime [not urgent]
> >
> >   * cleanup openat() related function [not urgent, Rudi?]
>
> I've changed my mind a bit about lib/at.c removal because it's used by
> sysfs.c and we would lose libblkid and fdisk on non-linux systems. I
> will review first whether we could build libblkid without sysfs for
> non-Linux.

 The libblkid is optional for libfdisk, I cannot imagine libblkid without
 sysfs :-)

> Regarding my stupid commit ...
>   8b9cf26a "lib: fix unused parameters and variables"
> ... next time I would try to add our new "NO_UNUSED_WARN_CFLAGS" just
> for single source files. Not using __unused macros would keep our
> heavily ifdef'ed sources more readable.
>
> >   * add --zeroout to blkdiscard [me]
> >
> >   * fix look(1) [https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/issues/284]
> >
> >   * cleanup docs, gtk-doc warnings, etc.
>
> My favorite warning one could fix is this one:

Frankly, my favorite solution is to drop gtk-docs and use something
else. I like gtk-docs html output, but the rest (warnings, docs
formatting, Makefile integration, ...) is painful.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com