Re: bug in "mount --bind" for hashed tree indexed directories

Thanks for the fast answer.
You're right, this isn't a problem of mount. Maybe it would be helpful to add a hint in the list of mounted device (output of mount), when the mount is not "active" anymore (because of a moved file).

It's the special combination of tools I use which caused this trouble.
The "mount"-configuration is part of the named-chroot package in Redhat/CentOS. Webmin as administration tool works like vi (create tmp-files and move them).
If you add a new zone via Webmin, only /etc/named.conf will be updated, not /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf. If you then restart the service, it works, because the chroot environment will be destroyed and recreated. But a "rndc reload" doesn't work anymore because it uses the unchanged /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.

When you aware of the problem, it's no problem to work around. Since /etc/named is also a mount in chroot, the zone configuration can be separated in a file in this directory and then webmin works fine.

Thanks for your help, Rudi!