Re: fsck memory leak

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM, U.Mutlu <for-gmane@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not a friend of such default integrated system caching, it reminds
me of Windows idiocy. This is nothing but a diskcache in ram,

... made up strictly of memory that nothing else wants.
This is different than a ramdisk, which itself is something that wants RAM.

but then
the admin should have the the freedom to set the size of the cache via
a config file in etc, for example /etc/default/cache or in
/etc/default/tmpfs.

Why? It's memory that *nothing else wants*. It's given up instantly
the moment something else needs to use it. So there's no downside,
unlike with that other "operating system" you mention.

:-)

:-(

--
Prius I, Pontiff, Schenectadian Catholic Church