RE: mkfs.btrfs cannot find rotational file for SSD detection for a pmem device

The rotational file does exist, at:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM\:00/LNXSYBUS\:00/ACPI0012\:00/ndbus1/region0/namespace0.0/block/pmem0/queue/rotational

One or more functions are having trouble parsing that 108-byte string
... mkfs.btrfs's is_ssd, libblkid's blkid_devno_to_wholedisk, or
libblkid's sysfs_devno_to_wholedisk.  I'm not sure where the
breakdown occurs.

This is reminiscent of an issue that numactl has parsing the path to
get to .../device/numa_node (rather than .../queue/rotational).  It
was confused by not finding "/devices/pci" in a path for a storage
device.

> This gets tricky though because pmem isn't
> technically a block device at the low level, and doesn't use some parts
> of the block layer that most other block devices do.
>
> On that note however, if the pmem device is backed by actual RAM and not
> flash storage (and most of them are from what I've seen), then the only
> advantage of using single metadata mode over dup is space savings, as
> RAM is not (usually) write limited.

pmem devices will be a mix ranging from flash-backed DRAM to new
technologies like 3D Crosspoint, usually offering high performance
and good wearout characteristics.

The btrfs driver does detect it as SSD after mkfs.btrfs did not:
kernel: BTRFS info (device pmem0): disk space caching is enabled
kernel: BTRFS: has skinny extents
kernel: BTRFS: flagging fs with big metadata feature
kernel: BTRFS: detected SSD devices, enabling SSD mode