Re: Manual sections vs. /bin or /sbin location

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 09:45:47PM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:

> I came across a bug report in Debian noting that findmnt is in /bin,
> not /sbin, but its manual page is in section 8.  Should one or the
> other be moved so they line up?

Good point, although I don't think that everything in section 8 has to
be in /sbin.

findmnt, lsblk and lslocks have been originally designed as
administrator's tools so we have selected section 8, but now it's
pretty usable for non-root users and the tools are commonly used, so
maybe move it to the section 1 makes sense.

I don't have any strong opinion about it, if you want to move the man
pages to the section 1 then send a patch. The paths should be
unchanged.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>