Re: logger: Segmentation fault when reading from stdin and writing to socket

On 7 April 2015 at 07:36, Bernhard Voelker <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/06/2015 11:50 PM, Sami Kerola wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, Patrick Plagwitz wrote:
>>> The attached patch does just that.
>
>> The below appears to fix the issue.
>
> Sami, your patch differs from Patrick's just in a newline, and you only
> turned his - already great - description into a commit message.
> Therefore I think setting Patrick as the author would be both correct
> and just fair.
>
> Please note that seeing the own name in the commit log encourages
> people to continue contributing in future.

Hi Bernhard,

Oh, I did not even notice there was an attachment.  What comes to attributing
contributors you are absolutely right. Adjusted change can be found from my
remote branch logger-fix.

https://github.com/kerolasa/lelux-utiliteetit/commit/4a8919a4e5b28a47cd61fc8b774a6eaee943b90e

> BTW: what about the memleak he reported?

Can be fixed. And since starting to look this I took liberty to check
with valgrind
if there are other leaks. One more found from logger_command_line().

https://github.com/kerolasa/lelux-utiliteetit/commit/c3dd2ecd5fcaf30860d5fcfd74edfd70a3dd7603

--
Sami Kerola
http://www.iki.fi/kerolasa/