Trying to avoid incompatability on a mount enhancement

Hello,
I've been thinking about adding a feature to Busybox mount, but I'd
like to check on options that are already claimed in util-linux so I
don't cause a major incompatability.

The feature I'm thinking about is roughly analogous to "mkdir -p" or
"cpio -d":
it creates the mountpoints if needed.
This could be done by calling mkdir -p, or by calling mkdir() from mount.
The point is to allow one to mount /dev, /sys and all their subsystems
in one pass by using
mount -T /etc/vfstab -a -d
or something like that where /etc/vfstab contains (for example):
===
# Kernel filesystems to mount for bringing up the system
proc	/proc	proc	noexec,nodev,nosuid	0 0
sysfs	/sys	sysfs	noexec,nodev,nosuid	0 0
devfs	/dev	devtmpfs defaults		0 0
devshm	/dev/shm tmpfs	nodev,nosuid		0 0
devpts	/dev/pts devpts	noexec,nodev,nosuid	0 0
===

I'm thinking that the option should be ignored with -o bind,
because that may take a file or a directory.

Do you have any comments about the concept?

As far as I can see, -d, -m, and -p are all available (at least in
the version of util-linux mount that ships in Jessie).
Are there any plans to use any of these options?

Also, is there any interest in seeing this in util-linux mount?
(I'd assume some of the corresponding code would be added to libmount,
but I haven't really looked at util-linux code before--just Busybox and
Toybox mount(8) implementations.)

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham