Re: blikid reports gdisk-created Bios Boot Partition, created with NO fs, has fs TYPE=ext4. Bug/why?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 12:40:23PM -0800, grantksupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Note that it IDs the filesystem type as
>
> 	TYPE="ext4"
>
> Why?
>
> Bios Boot Partition should have NO filesystem.
>
> Is blkid correct?  Is there, or isn't there a fs on that partition?

Maybe the disk has been originally used for ext4 and now there is
obsolete signature... Note that fdisks usually only write partition
table to the disk, but does not erase any old stuff.

> If there IS, how do I make sure there isn't?

 wipefs /dev/sdc1

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>