Re: tty[1-6]: colors a negative accessibility/usability trend

Karel Zak wrote:
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:21:48PM -0500, Dale R. Worley wrote:
I don't particularly like colorization.  But technically, it seems to me
that what is needed is a systematic way for the user to indicate his
colorization preferences to *all* utilities.  And a corresponding way
for the system to provide defaults for those user preferences.

Only when there is a systematic framework for colorization will all the
programs allow colorizing to be configured.

It would be possible to create a shared library from our lib/colors.c
to support terminal-colors.d/... :-)

Why not use the LS_COLORS environment variable used by coreutils' dircolors? Does util-linux need to create something different?

  -- Bruce