Re: some comments about the new cfdisk

On 2014-07-16 13:22 (GMT+0200) Benno Schulenberg composed:

Karel Zak wrote:

It would be possible to add some extra optimization for MBR to
enlarge/reduce the extended partition if there is a free space behind
the partition and no possibility to create another primary partition.
Not sure... I'll think about it.

Don't bother for now.  Somehow the current way feels more
precise.

Maybe I'm missing something in this discussion, but...

I find it inexplicably confusing that any partitioning tool would ever describe an extended to exclude any freespace contiguous to any logical partition, regardless how actually defined in the tables. Making creation of a logical in freespace adjoining any existing logical take more than one step makes no sense.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/