Re: mount: what is the point of 'nouser' on the command line?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014, at 16:57, Karel Zak wrote:
>  The "user" option is alias to "noexec,nosuid,nodev" mount flags.

Ehm...  Not quite.  It *implies* those options, to lightly protect
the user from some dangers, but its main purpose is to allow
ordinary users to mount the filesystem so marked in fstab.  No?

> > So, is it ever useful to specify '-o nouser' on the command line?
>
>  No, it would be better to remove it from the example

Will submit a patch later.

> > Something else.  On the man page of umount, shouldn't it say that
> > the -O and -t options are only effective in combination with -a?
>
>  The -t is generic and it's usable in more case (for example to
>  specify filesystem that should be tried for the device).

Ehm...  I was talking about umount here, not mount.  :)

Benno