Re: global fdisk colors disable

On 2014-01-15 09:30 (GMT) Pádraig Brady composed:

I think the current mechanism used is best.

What mechanism are you referring to, needing an override switch on every invocation on an alien system?

I.E. default to showing colors when possible but give an option to disable.

$SUBJECT Keyword: global.

Global env vars come with their own disadvantages.

+1

However I will say that one has to be careful when using colors,

Exactly.

and the use in fdisk seems a bit redundant.

I think orthogonal is the better word than redundant.

I.E. colors are useful
to distinguish things, like the portion of a match in grep or
the type of a file in ls. I'm not sure the items distinguished
in fdisk non obvious and worth the hassle of worrying about color.

Indeed.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/