Re: lsblk and btrfs

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 04:37:37PM +0100, lukasbaumbauer@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is a feature request for lsblk.
> I have noticed that lsblk does not properly list mountpoints for
> btrfs filesystems. In my test setup there is one btrfs filesystem on
> /dev/sda2, which contains 2 subvolumes.  The two btrfs subvolumes
> are rootvol, which is mounted to / and homevol, which is mounted to
> /home.  The output of "lsblk -o MOUNTPOINT /dev/sda2" is:
>
> MOUNTPOINT
> /home
>
> This is not true, as there are two different mountpoints coming from /dev/sda2.

 But how do you want to describe this thing in lsblk output? (It's not
 btrfs specific, you can mount the same FS on two places.)

 Maybe MOUNTPOINT could be list

   $ lsblk -o MOUNTPOINT /dev/sda2
   MOUNTPOINT
   /foo,/bar

 but such change is not backwardly compatible :-(

> A quick fix would be not to show mountpoints for btrfs filesystems.
> Please note that "findmnt /dev/sda2" is capable of listing the subvolume mountpoint:
>
> TARGET	SOURCE			fstype
> /	/dev/sda2[/rootvol]	btrfs
> /home	/dev/sda2[/homevol]	btrfs
>
> This makes me positive, that a similar output can be achieved with lsblk.
> Thank you for your efforts.

 Well, lsblk lists block devices, so it's probably unexpected to list
 the same device more than once just because the FS is mounted more
 than once.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>