Re: util-linux-2.24 not compatible with ppc64le architecture

On Thursday 26 December 2013 01:58:03 Madhu Pavan wrote:
> We are in the process of adding support for new arch (ppc64le) and as
> part of that we wanted to send patches for config.guess and configure as
> appropriate.

as i explained to one of your coworkers (specifically, about GNU/patch &
libtool & ppc64le), and to others about aarch64 in config.{sub,guess}, you're
approaching this all wrong.  your packaging system should be updating config.
{sub,guess} automatically, and you probably should implement something for
autoregenerating libtool stuff for ppc64le support.

you're going to hit this in every single package out there.  it is
unreasonable to go to every maintainer and ask them to regenerate their
autotools & re-release using bleeding edge tools (in this case, master branch
of libtool).  you're going to have to update your build scripts to do this
automatically.  this is expected behavior every time you release a new
architecture that requires changes in core autotool packages.
-mike