Re: Severe fdisk problem leading to data loss?

On 13-11-27 02:05 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
So it doesn't bother the iPod if you change the id?

I'm thinking parted should throw an exception noting the broken
partition and offer to fix it by changing the id, or deleting it.
Changing the id would have the added benefit of keeping Windows from
overwriting it.

I believe that you have to change the ID back to zero for the iPod to function properly. At least that is what all of the instructions I've seen on the Internet indicate.