Re: umount and findmnt commands not working with btrfs labels ...

Hallo, George,

Du meintest am 09.05.13:

>>   Ah, do you mean btrfs raid? For example:
>>
>>     mkfs.btrfs --data raid1 --label FOO /dev/sdd1 /dev/sdd2
>>
>>   then the LABEL and UUID is really duplicate.

[...]

> It would be nice if btrfs would just lock all of these partitions out
> and represent them collectively to the broader system as /dev/mntX or
> whatever.

Perhaps you shouldn't use only "blkid" - sometimes I've seen strange
answers (or no answer). I haven't yet found the system behind this
behaviour.

        file -s /dev/sdd1

(p.e.) is more reliable.

But for mounting and unmounting I haven't seen any problem:

        mount LABEL=FOO /path/to/mountpoint

        umount LABEL=FOO

has always worked as expected; for existing devices and mountpoints and
also for nonexisting devices and mountpoints.

By the way: my system doesn't use "udev"; working/addressing with LABEL
works fine also without "udev".

And by another way:

        blkid

tells every btrfs disk/partition which is part of the btrfs cluster (in
my installations: all 3 disks) - they have the same UUID but different
UUID_SUBs. No real problem.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut