Re: getting a modern `more`

Mike Frysinger wrote:
in a random conversation, Eric mentioned that he still maintains his own version of more (which at this point, has been rewritten a time or two). i mentioned that the `more` found in util-linux dates back to his original version. i'm hoping there can be a melding of minds here so we can all benefit from his work :).

Does anyone still use 'more'? The only thing needed is a symlink to 'less': http://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/

Are there any distros that don't provide 'less' by default?

What value added does 'more' provide? I'd think development time would be better used elsewhere. To me, 'more' was developed in the era of paper terminals (e.g. Teletype) and it is time to retire it.

  -- Bruce