sfdisk: return value when re-reading partition table

Hi,
I hit this while writing a shell script for automatically partition a device.

Is there any particular reason for sfdisk to return 0, even when
re-reading the partition table fails with the following message? I
could find no explicit reason neither in the man page nor in this
list's archives.

Re-reading the partition table ...
BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy
The command to re-read the partition table failed.
Run partprobe(8), kpartx(8) or reboot your system now,
before using mkfs

This is not a matter of why re-reading fails. Just wondering why this
condition if not reported with a non-zero return value to the shell.
Same result when calling sfdisk with -R on a in-use partition.

If I miss a particular explanation behind this, please let me know.
Otherwise I can try to submit a patch making sfdisk return 1 on
failing re-read operations.

Thanks
Regards,
Andrea